Razor E90 is to this date the newest model among Razor’s electric scooters for kids. It clearly follow the company product policy and offers you a good quality for affordable price. Razor E90 clearly maintains the same qualities as the ones which became the company’s trademark:
Razor E90 Electric Scooter Review
- It’s solid and stable – Razor E90 is equipped with an all steel frame, guaranteeing high durability and allowing your kid a stable and fun ride experience.
- Relatively long riding time – this model allows for 40 minutes of continuous use on single battery charge. Clearly more than enough for your kid to make a couple of nice fun-packed trips around your neighborhood!
- Rechargeable 12V battery – you don’t need to worry at all about the annoyances resulting from being forced to constantly replace the batteries. The battery used in Razor’s electric scooters for kids can be easily recharged in home conditions. Depending on the specific battery model, each one has the battery life of approx. 200 full charges.
- Easiness of use – the throttle is controlled by the button conveniently located under the driver’s right hand. The rear foot brake is even easier to use, ensuring that your kids will stop the scooter right on time whenever they need
- Relatively high speeds – the maximum speed of 9 mph is enough for your kid to enjoy a nice ride. It is also low enough to make sure that nobody participating in this unique activity will get hurt
What Makes Razor E90 Unique?
Razor E90 has got its own unique features, making it stand out from its competitors and other electric scooters for kids offered by Razor:
- Low price – while maintaining reasonably high standards of quality, Razor E90 is offered at a competitive price. The blue model is currently for sale for $103.56.
- The orange version of this model of electric scooter for kids is also available. However, one of the customers express concerns that it’s the older version of the product. Besides, this model is also significantly cheaper, for bearing the special $77.99 price tag
- Kick start motor engine – this solution acts as a transition between the traditional scooters and the electric scooters for kids. In order to start the electric engine, the user needs to manually kick start it, just like in the traditional kick scooter. After one or two simple kicks, the rest is done by the electric motor controlled by the throttle button. Such solution guarantees minimum energy usage, allowing at the same time for highly powerful fun riding experience.
- Exceptionally light weight – Razor E90 weighs in total 21.75 lbs. Such light weight allows it to travel way much further on one charge. Moreover, it’s also easier to carry back home, just in case your kid somehow managed to fully drain the battery out.
Our Review – Is Razor E90 a Good Choice?
Taking into account all the product features and specifications as well as others’ opinions about the product, we have eventually came up with the following conclusions regarding the pros and cons of Razor E90 electric scooters for kids:
- Razor E90 is probably a good choice for all those who don’t wish to spend stashes of money on the electric scooters for their kids. Its attractive price tagclearly make it stand out among the budget products of this kind. However, it’s without the question that you and every single parent knows that the safety of your kids is the priority. Thanks to the full steel frame we can be sure that this model is not a cheap unreliable plastic toy. It is indeed a serious machine designed appropriately to guarantee the adequate stability and ride safety, the main qualities determining the value of electric scooters for kids.
- Aside from the price, the low weight and easiness of use are among the top qualities of this model. Therefore you can rest assured that your kids will very quickly learn how to control their new favorite toy.
- The majority of customers on Amazon.com praised the product not only for the easiness of use but also for a very quick assembly process. Apparently it takes only a few longer moments after the product is unpacked to make it fully operational and let your kid hop on. Just don’t forget to charge a bit first!
- If your kids expect to reach really high speeds on this scooter – they might be left a bit disappointed. Although 9 mph for such little machine is undoubtedly enough to make it go quite fast, however its a bit less than the other electric scooters for kids from Razor’s product line can achieve.
- A few customers on Amazon.com stated problems with some parts (especially the chain) breaking easily after a short time. However, the product received only few such negative reviews, which might lead to the conclusion that these are only the isolated cases and do not represent the whole product line of these electric scooters for kids as a whole. Another concern was the dubious quality of the refund service, as some of the unsatisfied customers claimed that the product is very difficult to return.
Conclusion – Should You Buy Razor E90 Electric Scooter for Your Kid?
If low costs and reasonable design quality are your priorities – you might definitely want to buy Razor E90 for your kid. If you are particularly concerned with your kid safety, the top speed of 9 mph will probably be enough to satisfy both of you.
However, if you are a bit more confident in your kid’s scooter riding skills and at the same time worried that the lower speed may very quickly result in higher disappointment – you might want to have a look at the other Razor’s electric scooters for kids and their competitors. We particularly recommend you to have a look at our Razor E100 and Razor E300 electric scooters descriptions and reviews. We will help you make the best choice so that you and your kid won’t let disappointed.