Razor E300 is one of the most popular and versatile models among all of the Razor electric scooters for kids. Its design and features won it the Top 15 Award from Playthings back in 2006. Since then nearly 7 years passed by. Does this electric scooter stand the test of time? We will find out in this short review.
Razor E300 Electric Scooter for Kids – Main Features
Razor E300 belongs to the specific line of Razor’s electric scooters, labeled simply as “E”. Therefore its design and the main features are highly reminiscent of other products belonging to this line. Let’s have a look at what features decide about the popularity of Razor’s electric scooters. We will also see how does Razor E300 matches these criteria.
- Custom design – Although all Razor’s “E” scooters share a roughly similar design, each model has its own distinct features that decide about its originality. In the case of Razor E300, it’s the super-sized deck and frame which makes it stand out. Such a solution significantly enhances the durability of the scooter and allows for the higher maximum weight load. In this case, it’s up to 220 lbs.
- Long riding time – just like the other scooters from this branch, Razor E300 is equipped with a battery that lasts for 40 minutes of continuous use on a single charge. While this is probably not long enough to make a longer trip, it’s sufficient enough for riding all around the neighborhood. Your kids will also be able to easily test their scooter in a local park or while doing groceries for you.
- Two rechargeable 12V batteries (24v engine) – you don’t need to worry about replacing the batteries. All you need to do is recharge the batteries with the designated charger. This can be easily done at home, simply plug it into the ordinary wall socket. The battery charging time differs from model to model, oscillating around 5-8 hours. Therefore it’s recommended to charge the battery overnight.
- Easy to Ride – Razor E300 does not differ too much here from the ordinary high-end kick scooter. The pneumatic brake is easily accessible underneath the left handle grip. The throttle is located underneath the rider’s right hand, allowing for easy ride control. Simple as that. Your kid will definitely learn very quickly how to ride E300 without difficulties.
How is Razor E300 Different from Other Electric Scooters?
Aside from the qualities described above, Razor E300 has got its own distinct features. These make it clearly stand out from its competitors. These are also the features which make this electric scooter for kids so popular among the customers of Amazon:
- Very High Ride Speed – in general, Razor’s E- scooters have quite high maximum speeds, while at the same low enough to ensure the high levels of safety. However, if 9 mph offered by Razor E90 or 10 mph made by Razor E100 is not enough for you and your kid – you should definitely have a look at Razor E300. It can easily reach speeds up to the stunning 15mph. This is really a lot for a small electric scooter. If your kids are already mature enough to handle such a fast-pace ride, they will truly appreciate this feature of Razor E300.
- Twist-grip Throttle – Thanks to this your kid can fully control the acceleration and the riding speed. This is exactly the same solution as the one used in adult scooters and motorbikes.
- Flexible and versatile design – that’s, without doubt, a very interesting point about this scooter. Although it caters mainly to kids, it can be easily used by adults too. This is due to the large size of its deck and frame which can accommodate the higher weights. Moreover, the scooter comes with 10” pneumatic tires. These can handle not only the more mature riders but also the more demanding terrains. You and your kids can, therefore, enjoy a fun-packed outdoor experience.
Our Opinion – Is Razor E300 a Good Choice?
Carefully analyzing all the features of its models accompanied by the customers’ feedback, we have found out the following Pros and Cons of Razor E300 Electric Scooter for Kids:
- Razor E300 is definitely an attractive option if performance is what really matters for you and your kid. The maximum speed of 15 mph is exactly something we would like to see in the good electric scooter. We also like that the acceleration is controlled similarly as in the adult scooters and motorbikes. This makes the ride a whole lot more fun.
- We like a lot the 10” tires and the larger size frame. Although this adds to the weight of the scooter a bit and makes it less portable – the benefits are endless. Such scooters can handle the terrain at least slightly more demanding than the plain flat surface. Small bumps or holes in the road are not a huge challenge for this model, which is not the case for the cheaper models.
- Regarding the customers’ feedback, the majority of customers on Amazon.com liked the fast speed of this scooter. Quite a few buyers also pointed out the easiness of assembly – practically no technical knowledge is needed as the scooter is ready to be used almost right away after coming out of the box. Many parents tried the scooters themselves and liked this experience a lot, being able to join their kids and their friends in having fun. One customer even used this scooter to travel to work.
- The high performance of Razor E300 is followed by the quite a high price tag. $279 – that’s how much you can get it for at Amazon – it’s a bit more than some other electric scooters for kids cost. However, this is quite understandable given the fact that it’s one of the most powerful electric scooters for kids available on the market.
- We’ve mentioned before that this scooter is highly versatile, catering both for teenagers and adults. On the other hand, it is not suitable for kids younger than 13 years old. This is mainly due to its slightly bigger size and obviously – the fast speed, which can be too dangerous for smaller kids. Take this factor into account. While still a toy, E300 is already a serious machine and thus needs to be used and maintained properly.
- While the vast majority of buyers left positive feedback regarding this purchase, some customers expressed doubts regarding the quality of the motor chain. Some problems occurred with the chain tensioner breaking down. This might have either resulted from the poor maintenance or the factory failure of the specific product. Although there were only a few such cases, this reminds us that despite its high quality, Razor’s scooters are not 100% perfect in all cases.
Should You Buy Razor E300 Electric Scooter for Your Kid?
If performance and speed are your priority – you should buy Razor E300 for your kid. If your kids are teenagers who love to spend time outdoors and you also feel that you might want to join them for a ride from time to time – this model can satisfy all of you. You can also take E300 for a wonderful outdoor trip together to a local park or anywhere else you want. Just bear in mind that on the moderately sloppy terrain, you will need to manually kick off the scooter much more often.
Do not buy Razor E300 if your kids are too young – it will be too dangerous for them. You might be better off buying the lower models – Razor E90 or Razor E100. Also, if you are looking for a bit more stylish and comfortable seated model – think about Razor Pocket Mod. Don’t forget to read our reviews first. We will do our best to help you make the best choice.