This guide will make the task of buying the best hoverboards for kids as easy as taking candy from a baby. If you’re looking to get a hoverboard for your children, read through and rest assured that you’ll find a perfect match for your kids.
Once you read, you will surely realize this is amongst the best reviews on hoverboards For kids.
Top 8 Best Hoverboards of 2022 – Updated List
Many types of hoverboards or self-balancing electric scooters design for children and adults. If you are searching for a child-specific hoverboard, there are choices available for you.
Here are eight electric scooters for kids with high value like safety, price, speed, and handling! you can buy today:
Name Speed UL 2272 Price
EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover
10 Mph Yes SEGWAY miniPRO 10 Mph Yes Mozzie Self Balancing Hoverboard
8 Mph Yes Swagtron T580 7.5 Mph Yes Tomoloo Hoverboard
7.5 Mph Yes Razor Hovertrax 2.0 8+ Mph Yes Hoverheart Hoverboard
7.5-9 Mph Yes Powerboard SOGO
8 Mph Yes
A hoverboard is also called “self-balancing scooter” or “self-balancing board.” If you need to know more about it, You may also check the definition of the hoverboard on Wikipedia in case. Otherwise, you can skip the description.
EPIKGO self-balancing scooter hover is sturdily build to ensure you have a smooth ride on any type of terrain. Having 400 Watts high-performance dual motors, which enable this hoverboard to reach a top speed of 10 miles per hour and cruise around for more than one hour on a single battery charge. EPIKGO hoverboard is UL2272 certified; you can cruise around without worrying about your it bursting into flames. Its IP65 certification means you can ride through mud or water. This EPIKGO hoverboard design to offer more balance, safety, and improved performance.
- UL 2272 and UL 2271 Certification – EPIKGO self-balancing scooter hover has undergone rigorous testing and has met all required standards for battery and electronic operated equipment. That means you can cruise around without worrying about fire or other hazards.
- Ten miles per hour top speed – You can cover more distance and save more time. EPIKGO hoverboard offers you 10+ miles riding the range on a single charge.
- 18° slope climbing – Its powerful 400-watt dual motors make slope climbing very easy. This hoverboard can cruise you through a slope as steep as 18°
- 5″ Extra Large Wheel – the sturdy wheels offer you more balance while you travel through rough terrains (sand, dirt, mud, grass, etc.)
- Alloy Wheel and Tough Body – offering you more durability and long-lasting use
- LED Lights – Its Led lights ensures you are always visible to others while cruising.
- Robust and Sturdy Built – EPIKGO hoverboard is bigger and more robust than other hoverboards in the market.
- Weight Limit – 44 pounds to 240 pounds
- Unstoppable – it can cruise on all terrains
- More robust and sturdy than other hoverboards – double the size of other hoverboards in the market
- UL 2272 and UL 2271 Certification
- Better slope cruising – up to 18°
- Improved performance – 400W dual motors; 10+ miles riding range
- Not easy to carry around due to its size
- No battery indicator
- Minimum weight of 44 pounds – not suitable for smaller kids
EPIKGO is a heavy-duty model within the world of self-balancing scooters. From the frame to the wheels as well as the balancing technology; you are about to experience a lot of fun in this amazing model.It has incredible top speeds that will make your ride more fun. It is not a good pick for beginners.
Looking for a hands-free, self-balancing personal transporter?
Segway miniPRO is your best choice. This two-wheel electric scooter offers you more safety, higher speed, more control, and long-lasting battery life. Built with high shock resistance 10.5″ tires, It design to handle all bumps, vibrations, humps, and slopes. It has automatic headlights and LED taillights to ensure you are not only visible to others but also lightens up your way. Segway mini pro offers a Bluetooth connection that enables you to operate your hands-free scooter with your mobile phone. Its cutting-edge technology provides you enhanced system performance and improved safety features.
- Phone App Control and Anti-theft – It’s Bluetooth connectivity enables you to adjust light colors, remotely command your scooter to move, run diagnostics, change bright colors, modify safety features, upgrade your miniPRO firmware, lock and set anti-theft alarms.
- 10 Mph Top speed and 14 Miles battery range – Segway miniPRO 800-Watt high-performance engine and the powerful lithium-ion battery offers you more speed and more extended distance coverage.
- Innovative kneel control bar and Precision Sensors– The sensors offer more balance by capturing and adjusting to the riders’ body movement. In contrast, the kneel control bar provides you more control of the scooter, enabling you to maneuver around more quickly than other two-wheel hoverboards.
- Aircraft Grade Magnesium Alloy Frame – The Segway miniPro frame is built based on aviation standards, offering you better shock absorption performance
- Underwriter Laboratories (UL) Certification – It is the first transporter to be certified by UL to meet the highest standards of electrical and fire safety requirements.
- Easy to mount – unlike other hoverboards it does not move the unit you are balanced on it
- Improved Performance – 800Watt engines, 14 miles battery range, 10mph top speed
- Bluetooth connectivity makes it more fun to ride
- No training needed
- No handler – riding longer distance can become tiring
- Expensive – almost double the price of other hoverboards
- Not suitable for smaller kids
The SEGWAY mini pro is an innovative model that brings you convenience and control. It has an amazing anti-theft feature on the app so that no one will get away your scooter when it is parked outside of some grocery store or on road. if you are looking for a personal scooter for a commute then you might have just found your match. As other self-balancing scooters, this segway mini pro can get into high top speeds as well
The Mozzie hoverboard takes us to outstanding and outclasses features with secure handling at the same time. It is easy to use both inside and outside and minimizes the chances of falling. The children under early teenage can easily use it, and its 8-inch tires support in its excellent balance and add an element of safety and stability to the scooter.
- Another noteworthy added feature is the wheel locking to ensure you can get on or off easily.
- The Mozzie board is also UL2272 certified and can easily carry up to 220lbs, which means its perfect for both adults and kids alike.
- The Bluetooth connectivity with the board and the added speakers add an extra plus to the Mozzie.
- The LED lights make it easier to cruise around after sundown!
- Easy to ride, self-balancing
- Handle makes portability easy
- Good Bluetooth speaker built-in.
- Good range and battery life.
- Wheel automatically lock in place
- Finish scuffs fairly easily if you crash
- Paint gets easily chipped
- It is pretty heavy
The one quality that makes the Mozzie a great hoverboard is its self-balancing feature. That allows anyone to ride the Mozzie with complete confidence. Coupled with high performance, it comes as no surprise that Mozzie is amongst the best hoverboards out there and has captured a significant portion of the market share! Although it costs slightly more than the rest, its surely worth every penny!
Swagtron T580 Hoverboard electric scooter is an ideal quality for riding at its best level in the streets because of having hard rubber tyres.
Another reason to chose this hoverboard is its simple design featuring with advance technology including Bluetooth, extraordinary equilibrium technique and the free Swagtron app to minimize the difficulty during the ride. Because of these amazing quality that must be your best choice for buying the best hoverboards for kids.
- Overall certified UL2272.
- Warranty 1 year.
- Advance Battery Management System.
- Hoverboard with Bluetooth speakers.
- Fully musical control and other features with official Smartphone APP.
- Fireproof outer shell.
- IPX4 water-resistant certified.
- Best for kids/teenagers.
- Climbing capability up to 30 degrees.
- The size of tyres 6.5 inch are not made for rough surfaces.
Tomoloo hoverboard is amongst the most highly rated and totally over the top in popularity over the internet. With its 4.2 Bluetooth speaker, synched LEDs with the music, and the chic colors and design, this one will surely be a child’s favorite.
With a free app, the board comes with extra control features, from handling and skill level to LED switching to the speaker – everything you want your board to do can handle with your cell phone!
- The Tomoloo comes with UL2272 certifications that make it according to the safety standards of the US.
- The pedals with their extra grip minimize the risk of slipping, and the board easily carries a weight of up to 165lbs.
- Along with that, the board boasts a maximum speed of 7.5mph, and a max range of 7.5 miles and taking only 2 hours to charge.
- Large availability of good qualities along with Bluetooth and Leds.
- UL2272 Certification and safe from water and fire resistance.
- Performance level is up to the mark.
- The companying Apps create problems when it may not connect properly and causes drops in signals.
Generally, the Tomoloo hoverboard is the right choice for your kids because it is entertaining and, at the same time, a full package of fun and safety.
Amongst the most renowned names of the top hoverboard manufacturers in the market is Razor Hovertrax 2.0. They are famous for making scooters and also include in the list of the best electric scooters for kids. Razor not only specializes in making scooters but is top of the line for their hoverboard, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0!
- This Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has a mind-blowing speed of 8 mph, and it is quite interesting that they used a tiny motor of 350W.
- The one feature which differentiates it from others is the use of changeable batteries. That means you can keep those extra batteries and travel double the distance!
- The Razor can carry a weight of up to 220lbs, making it perfect for both kids and adults.
- The bumpers and LED light indicators to make it even better for commuting. The two built-in riding modes, advanced (average) and a beginner (training), make it easier to ride for all skill levels!
- Like all the boards in this guide, the Razor also is UL2272 certified, Making it safe from risks of bursting into flames!
- Well designed and well build.
- Easily carry weight up to 220 lbs.
- Great changeable battery system.
- A large range of colors and styles available.
- Providing lesser qualities as compared to others.
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 boasts a robust design and is best for commuting. The use of changeable batteries is the highlight features of this hoverboard – allowing you to travel for longer distances than any other board out there!
Affordability and self-balancing are the main features of the Hoverheart hoverboard. Along with that, a vast range of color choices and styles makes the Hoverheart a popular product. With performance matching those of the other boards available over the internet – the Hoverheart can do pretty much everything any other board can do:
- It gets to a maximum speed of 10mph
- With a Bluetooth speaker, UL2272 certification, and eight different colors, the Hoverheart provides both safety and aesthetics
- Offering a nice range of colours and styles.
- Easily carry weight up to 220 lbs.
- Affordable price.
- The performance level is below than other competitors.
The Hoverheart is cheaper than other boards (probably because it’s not as durable as other boards out there) – but it makes up for that in aesthetic value. You’ll just have to be a bit more careful with this one!
The next hoverboard we’re featuring in this ultimate guide for the best hoverboards for kids is the Powerboard SOGO by Sharper Hovers, an excellent option for the rookies and the beginners. With all the required security certifications (the much talked about UL2272) – the SOGO is amongst the safest hoverboards for sale out there. The batteries tuck in a sentry shield – a state of the art compartment explicitly built to prevent any instances of the batteries catching fire!
With intelligent sensors that help gear stabilization and balancing, the chances of falling off from the SOGO are next to none (you’ll have to be clumsy to fall from this one!). Thanks to the high-quality motherboard, the sensors estimate movement in less than a second and stabilize accordingly.
The board comes with rugged rubber tires that lend it excellent street and downhill traction making it even easier to cruise without any fear of falling off. This fact alone makes it our personal favorite in all the hoverboards for kids in the market right now! Oh, and the control on this one simply outshines any other boards featured in this guide!
Okay, enough of the safety rants.
The SOGO doesn’t compromise on cruising speed or aesthetic value by focusing on the safety too much. The board comes fitted with 300W motors that allow it to reach speeds of up to 8mph while a cruising range of almost 12 miles in one complete charge.
One Drawback of the SOGO is the fact that you won’t be able to cruise on outdoorsy, rugged terrain. Offroading is a plain no-no with this one. (But hey, hoverboards for kids don’t feature the offroading option, for obvious reasons!)
Also, bear in mind, the photos you see on Amazon are stock photos, and the original product can differ in color, rim shape, or model, a bummer, we agree! On the plus side, however, the best bits about it (safety, cruising speeds, and traction control) remain pretty much the same.
The comparatively lower price (you can get the SOGO hoverboard under $100) makes it a great option to get used to your new boarding obsession, and then moving on to a next, bigger beast-board!
- UL2272 certified – excelled in all electrical and mechanical safety tests
- High-Quality Components – motherboards, sentry shield,
- Active sensors – intelligent sensors for gear stabilization
- Rugged, durable tires – for durability and excellent traction
- Hi output push – upgraded 300W*2 motors
- Maximum speed – 8mph
- Maximum cruise range (single charge) – 12 miles
- Maximum climbing angle – 25 degree
- Safety – the SOGO is surely the safest hoverboard you can find
- Great traction control meaning the road grip is just great and allows for smooth turns on curvy roads
- Fast stabilizing sensors preventing the risk of falling
- Rugged tires allow for durability
- The sentry shield for batteries help prevent risks of fire
- UL2272 certified
- Low price!
- High output LED lights for night drives
- The color, model and rim shape might differ from the photos
- Can’t offroad on this one (we feel your pain!)
- Bluetooth speakers are not the greatest
Equipment For Safety While Riding
We hold dear you and your kids’ safety. Here is a list of safety equipment that might save you and your loved ones from unexpected mishaps.
The first and the most important thing is a helmet which should always be used before you ride.
Any kind of cuts and scratches and cause various types of infections. The use of knee pads can keep the rider safe.
Elbow pads also help against any possible injury and subsequent injury in the event of falling off (which is quite common!).
When you wear these straps then definitely safe you’re self from any kind of cut on your wrist and palms.
We hope this guide will make it easier for you in choosing the perfect board for your kids! For more queries, commenting below is totally free!