Our attention was called to the surge in poor rating scooter buyers left on online stores (selling scooters for kids). Most complaints were either based on performance, safety or durability. So, we decided to assess several scooters and assist buyers in making a more informed decision. With the help of some recruited kids, we put 7 scooters from top brands to test and concluded that Globber Primo 3-wheel, Micro Mini Deluxe, Razor A3, Fuzion Z300 Pro, Mongoose Expo 12″ Wheels, Micro Sprite, and Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter are the best scooters for kids.
7 Best Scooters For Kids in 2023 – Updated List
|Best for Girls||Globber Primo 3-wheel scooter|
|Best 3-wheel Scooter||Micro Mini Deluxe|
|Best 2-wheel Scooter||Razor A3 kick Scooter|
|Best Pro for Beginners||Fuzion Z300 Pro|
|ASTRA Best Toy Award||Mongoose Expo 12" Wheels|
|Highly Rated||Razor E300S Seated Electric|
|Our Top Pick||Micro Sprite kick scooter|
Globber Primo 3-wheel is one of the top-rated scooters for kids aged three and above. It offers your kids the highest level
of functionality, safety, and style. The 3-wheel scooter is equipped with a patented steering lock button that fixes the movement of the steering system to only back and front, offering your child more balance on the scooter and making it easier for your kids to learn to scoot. The Globber three-wheel scooter is among the few top scooters with an adjustable and removable handlebar, its T-bar can extend from 26.5″ up to 31″. The scooter grows with your child and makes it suitable for long time use.
The Globber Primo Scooter is equipped with a reinforced deck that supports weights up to 110 pounds, so if your child is the big type, this is the ideal scooter. The weight capacity of this scooter is almost double the deck capacity of most leading scooter brands. The deck also has a lower clearance compared to other brands, offering your child more stability and balance.
Its Large wheels are made from high-bound PU material and it’s equipped with ABEC 5 bearings. The larger wheels will not only give your child a smoother driving experience than other small wheels scooter but also offer more stability while your child is riding on rough terrain.
Why we included the Globber Primo 3-wheel scooter in our list of seven best scooters for kids in 2021
- Safety – The Honk Kong Government Consumer Council ranked it number one for passing all mechanical, performance and safety tests. The Globber Primo Three- wheel Scooter also meets the German Committee for Product Safety standards.
- Durability – It is equipped with TPR handlebar grips, PU casted wheels, and a reinforced body frame to support heavier weight.
- Optional wheel Led lightning.
- Improved Steering system – The lock button helps your child to learn steering and balance.
- Adjustable and removable handle-bars – You can increase the height of the T-Bar as your child grows.
Micro Mini Deluxe is an award-winning scooter for preschoolers and kindergartens. It is designed to offer kids 2 – 5yrs a safe and full-filled riding experience. It’s equipped with an adjustable handlebar that can be raised up to 25 inches allowing you to increase the scooter’s height as your child grow. The Micro Mini Deluxe offers you more color choices than other brands. Your child can decide her preferred style by choosing from a range of over ten colors. The anodized stem also adds more points to the aesthetics of the Mini Deluxe.
As the originator of the lean-to-steer design, Micro Kickboard equipped the Mini deluxe with a handle-bar designed to offer your child more fun and stability. The lean-to-steer feature develops your kids’ essential coordination and balance skills as they steer the scooter left and right by using their body weight. The Mini deluxe has comfortable hand grips and a very low clearance that is perfect for your preschoolers.
The Micro Mini Deluxe’s deck is reinforced with flexible fiberglass. The deck is injected with silicone to prevent your child from slipping. The wheels are built with Thick PU materials giving it more durability and helping your kids to absorb bumps that they may encounter on the sidewalk.
We love the Micro Mini Deluxe because of the following unique features:
- We can’t get our eyes off their numerous performance and safety awards
- All its parts are replaceable
- CPSC safety certified
- Adjustable T-Bar
- High positive reviews
- Unique anti-slip deck
- Learning the lean-to-steer functionality takes time
Razor A3 is the upgraded version of Razor A2 Kick Scooter. It is recommended for kids age 5 and above. Razor A3 is built with high-grade aluminum material, the type that is usually used to build aircraft. The scooter is more durable and can support weights up to 143 lbs. The tough built of the Razor A3 is the reason why adults in the weight range have often been seen cruising the A3 Scooter.
Furthermore, the Razor A3 features a patented folding mechanism, allowing your child to fold and carry the scooter conveniently. This makes the Razor A3 easy to store and transport around, the scooter is easy to load in your car’s carriage.
Razor A3 has large urethane wheels that are equipped with ABEC-5 high-speed bearings. It has more speed capabilities than most of its competitors. The 125mm large wheels provide more traction, giving your kids more balance while riding on a wide range of terrains. A3 scooter offers your kids better control with its patented fender brakes. It has a rear braking system that enables rider to stop more quickly when necessary. Razor A3 front wheel has a built-in shock springless shock absorbing suspension ensuring a smoother ride.
Here is why we included Razor A3 in our list of top seven scooters in 2021
- Patented folding design – folds quickly.
- 125 mm urethane wheels equipped with ABEC-5 high-bearings.
- Patented braking system – for quick stops when at high speed.
- Aircraft-grade Aluminum material – gives the Razor A3 a sturdy built and the weight also keeps it down offering your kids more balance.
- We are yet to find what we don’t like about the Razor A3
If your kids are ready for some scooter stunts, the Fuzion Z300 Pro is the way to go. The Fuzion Z300 is ideal for starters and intermediate riders. Like other Fuzion scooters, the Z300 also features the Dog Bone design deck that allows force to be distributed evenly around the outer surface, making it tough and very light. Its chromoly steel neck tube is reinforced internally, making it more durable.
FZ300 offers your kids a very smooth and fast ride. It features an IHC compression system, the wheels have the inbuilt ABEC-9 bearings allowing riders to steer easily and quickly. Fuzion E300 is equipped with Fuzion’s 6061 Core 5 spoke 110mm wheels, the Z300 wheels are elegant and super-fast. It also has a Fuzion adjustable noiseless fender brakes.
The Fuzion Z300 pro Scooter made our list of the top seven scooters in 2021 for the following reasons:
- Dog Bone design – the deck is tough and very light, making it easy to try a lot of scooter stunts.
- TG 700 Aluminum deck and neck offering improved durability
- 110 PU Aluminum wheels equipped with ABE- 9 bearings
- Fuzion Adjustable noiseless fender brake
- Other features of the Z300 that you will admire include the Hidden Internal Compression system, Fuzion soft grips, large Chromoly handlebars, etc.
- Sturdy built – supports weight up 220 pounds
- There are other stunt scooters offering a more responsive braking system.
These two-wheel scooters are suitable for both small kids and bigger youngsters, it is recommended for kids age 4 years and above. The Mongoose Expo scooter can support weight up to 220 lbs. The large 12″ air-inflated wheels of the Mongoose Expo stands it out from other scooters. The wheels cruise well over dirt, vegetation debris, standard sidewalks, paving bricks, etc. It rides fairly on almost all types of terrain. Your kid is unstable with the Mongoose 12″ wheels Scooter.
Another unique feature of this scooter is the handlebars, It offers BMX freestyle rotor and axle pegs. This makes the Mongoose Expo great for stunts and bike tricks. The scooter is equipped with caliper hand brakes giving its riders more control.
Mongoose Expo Scooter features a 14″ x 4″ deck a size that is rare in other brands. The large deck offers more balance and stability. Although made for kids, the large deck and strong built makes it a suitable for adults under 220 Ibs.
The Mongoose Expo 12″ made our list of top seven scooters for kids in 2021 because of the following features:
- 12″ air filled wheels
- BMX style handlebars equipped with rotor and axle pegs
- Sturdy built
- Wide deck
- Adjustable handlebars
- Caliper hand brake system
- The brake pad materials are not the best, most riders often upgrade to better quality brake pads
- The deck is made from plastic materials
- The basic model is not equipped with a kickstand.
The Razor E300S is one of the fastest electric scooters in town offering riders up to 15mph speed. The scooter stands out because of its price, it is quite an affordable electric scooter. It features a removable padded seat, the Razor E300S offers riders two cruising positions, you can either stand or sit and ride.
The E300S scooter is equipped with a 250-watt high performance, single speed, ultra-quiet chain-driven motor, offering your kids a speed other scooters will rarely catch up it. It features a 24V (two 12V) rechargeable battery. It takes about 12 hours to get a full charge and the E300S can cruise for 40 minutes on a single charge.
Razor E300S Electric Scooter has wide 10″ pneumatic tires giving your kids more balance and a smoother ride while they cruise around the neighborhood. It can ride easily on pebbles and dirt. It also features hand-operated brake allowing better control of the scooter.
The Razor E300S is on our list because of the following unique features:
- High-performance motor offering up to 15mph speed.
- It has a twist grip acceleration control.
- 10″ pneumatic tires.
- Durable frames and super-sized deck make it suitable for riders of varying sizes.
- 45 minutes continuous use on a single charge.
- Retractable kickstand.
- No battery indicator
- Difficulty climbing slopes
- It has no led lights or reflectors
Micro Sprite is a strong kick scooter from the award-winning company –Micro Kickboard. It is perfect for kids who are 8 years and above. It has an adjustable handlebar that extends up to 34″ above the deck. The Micro Sprite can handle up to 220 lbs. weight making it suitable for moms, family travelers, middle school students, and other commuters. The Micro brand is known for its superior construction, design, and materials. Micro sprite kick scooters offer your kids a smooth cruising experience.
The Micro Sprite kick scooter is foldable, making it convenient to carry around or store. It features a kickstand that enables the scooter to stand on its own. Micro Kickboard boosted that their Micro sprite scooters steer just like a bike, this has been confirmed by various riders, rating the scooter high for its highly-responsive 360-degree steering capabilities.
The Micro Sprite features a Swiss design, style, and quality. It is designed and engineered in Switzerland, it does not shake or rattle when cruising. Its wheels are made of quality polyurethane, built to ensure a smooth and quiet ride. Every part of the Micro Sprite is replaceable, it is designed to last forever.
We feature the Micro Sprite kick scooter in our list for the following reasons:
- Swiss design and quality.
- Super-smooth ride.
- All parts are replaceable.
- Foldable and ultra-weight (5.5pounds).
- Two-way Kickstand.
- Large and tough wheels that handle bumps and pebbles easily.
Things you must consider before buying a scooter
There are important factors that must be well thought out before buying a scooter for your kid. The following vital factors to consider:
- Age – Ensure you buy a scooter that is recommended for your kids’ age.
- Safety features – It is important to look out for the scooters’ safety features and certifications.
- The number of wheels – The 3-wheel scooters are great for starters while the 2-wheels scooters can be handled by older kids.
- Portability – Scooters for kids should be easy to carry and store.
- Durability – Ensure the scooter is made of quality materials so you won’t have to buy a replacement scooter soon.
Note: It is recommended that your kids wear both helmets and knee protections when riding a scooter.
Arnold A. Jones: Your go-to source for electric scooters, hoverboards, and skateboards, Bicycles! Riding enthusiast and expert sharing tips, trends, and insights for riders of all levels. Stay in the know with Arnold’s expertise.