The eZip 1000 Electric Scooter from Currie Technologies is currently one of the most popular eco scooters on the market. Designed for teenagers and adults alike, the eZip 1000 offers both ease and speed for fun or local commuting.
So what makes the eZip 1000 electric scooter such a useful machine? Customer reviews highlight value for money, ability to operate on a range of surfaces, low noise, suspension, and power as some of the things they love about the eZip 1000 fusion electric scooter.
The eZip 1000 Electric Scooter
The eZip 1000 is a 2 wheeled scooter which features a wide deck for standing on, as well as a removable seat that can be used longer journeys The 1000 watt hi-torque DC motor features a 36 volt rechargeable battery pack, providing power when you need it. A top speed of 15 miles per hour combined with a 12 mile range means that city commuting is a real possibility/
The eZip scooter works really well on a range of surfaces, including tarmac, grass, and even on dirt. This all depends on the size of the rider of course, but the low-profile street slick tyres are an impressive12.5 x 3 inches which affords you significant advantages over smaller tyre sizes.
What I love about the Currie eZip 1000 is the smooth application of power. All the Currie range of electric scooters are well designed, robust in construction, and made with more than just kids in mind. This model, as with many of the others, is designed with folding handlebars that make storage simple, and the ability to take it on a train or bus a reality. Take public transport to the outskirts of town, and ride the rest of the way in on your eZip 1000 electric scooter.
eZip 1000 – Technical Information
- Motor: 1,000-watt, alloy-finned, hi-torque DC neodymium magnet motor
- Battery: EV-rated, SLA type, plug-and-play 36-volt/10 Ah pack, (3) 12-volt/10 Ah, valve regulated, rechargeable
- Charge system: UL-listed Currie Smart Charger with LED status display
- Controller: Exclusive Currie PWM Smart Power microprocessor, 36-volt amp fully potted with auto shutoff, relay protection, and fuel gauge
- Top speed: Up to 15 miles per hour (contingent on rider weight)
- Range: Up to 12 miles (contingent on rider weight)
- Drive: Patented Currie Electro-Drive direct-drive system
- Brakes: Front/rear disc brakes with alloy brake inhibit lever
- Wheels: Currie exclusive 5-spoke alloy wide mag wheels with disc brakes
- Tires: Currie low-profile Street Slick 12.5-by-3-inch tires with Tuff-Tire technology, elastomer subtread reduces chances of flatting
- Handlebars: Exclusive Currie folding design, lay forward bars
- Fork: Alloy crown spring/polymer front suspension with front disc brake
- User controls: Power on/off switch, power-on bright LED, easy-access charger port in frame console
- Deck: Carbon fiber design, ABS resin with brand logo badge
- Frame: Rear swing-arm suspension, high-tensile steel with one-piece
- Seat kit: Easy on/off tapered seat kit
- Net weight: 85 pounds
- Rider age: 13 years and older
- Max weight: 260 pounds
Customer Reviews Of The eZip 1000 Electric Scooter
As you can see, the ezip1000 is a well thought out machine, and customer reviews and forum posts indicate that most users are really happy with their purchase. Here are a small selection of reviews we have sourced from Amazon.com.
Megan S – Seattle
Great Value For Money!
I ordered the EZIP 1000 several months ago and have been thoroughly impressed with the value for the money that the scooter has provided since I received it. I originally purchased the scooter to run around my neighborhood. However, I have found myself using it far more than I imagined.
The first time I rode on this thing i darted away on it with a lot of speed. It has a powerful 1000 watt motor and I weigh aroung 120 pounds and i went about 18-20 mph. THe charge lasts for about 50 minutes to an hour and it can run about 12 miles. This scooter was a great deal for the money.
Tons of fun and very practical for transportation!
I’ve owned this scooter for about a month and I can say without reserve that this is a fine product and a lot of fun to use. It has plenty of power to get up hills and it really moves when you twist the throttle. The performance is exactly as advertised with 15 + MPH (I’ve clocked it using the car) and about 12 miles range. The front and rear suspension is a definite plus as it makes typical road and sidewalk expansion joints un-noticeable.